BioRC Publications (available on request)
Publications and Dissertations Available on Request
- MODELING BRAIN DISORDERS IN SILICON NANOTECHNOLOGIES, Parker, A. C., Barzegarjalali, S., Yue, K., Lee, R. and Patil, S. (2016) in Wireless Computing in Medicine: From Nano to Cloud with Ethical and Legal Implications (ed M. M. Eshaghian-Wilner), John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. doi: 10.1002/9781118993620.ch14.
- “An Analog Neural Network that Learns Sudoku-Like Puzzle Rules,” Saeid Barzegarjalali and Alice C. Parker, Future Techologies Conference FTC 2016, San Francisco, Dec. 2016.
- “A Bio-inspired Electronic Mechanism for Unsupervised Learning using Structural Plasticity,” Saeid Barzegarjalali and Alice C. Parker, Future Techologies Conference FTC 2016, San Francisco, Dec. 2016.
- "A CMOS Circuit Implementation of Retrograde Signaling in Astrocyte-Neuron Networks", Rebecca Lee and Alice C. Parker, IEEE 2016 Biomedical Circuits & Systems Conference BIOCAS, Shanghai, October 17-19, 2016.
- “Noisy Neuromorphic Circuit Modeling Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder,” Saeid Barzegarjalali, Kun Yue, and Alice C. Parker, 29th IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYSTEM-ON-CHIP CONFERENCE (SOCC 2016), Sept. 2016.
- “Neuromorphic Circuit Modeling Directional Selectivity in the Visual Cortex”
Saeid Barzegarjalali and Alice C. Parker, IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society Conference(EMBC'16), Aug. 2016.
- “A Neuromorphic Circuit Mimicking Biological Short-Term Memory,” Saeid Barzegarjalali and Alice C. Parker, IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society Conference (EMBC'16), Aug. 2016.
- "A Hybrid Neuromorphic Circuit Demonstrating Schizophrenic Symptoms," Saeid Barzegarjalali and Alice C. Parker, BIOCAS 2015, Oct. 22-24, Atlanta, GA.
- "Neural Circuits for Touch-Induced Locomotion in Caenorhabditis Elegans," Sukanya Patil, Kaidi Zhou and Alice C Parker, presented at the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks IJCNN, Killarney, Ireland, July, 2015.
- "An Astrocyte Neuromorphic Circuit that Influences Neuronal Phase Synchrony," Yilda Irrizarry-Valle and Alice C. Parker, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, Vol. 9, No. 2. (April 2015), pp. 175-187.
- ``A Separated Carbon Nanotube Synapse,'' Rebecca K. Lee, Jialu Zhang, Alice C. Parker, and Chongwu Zhou, IEEE EMBC Micro and Nanotechnology in Medicine Conference, Turtle Bay, 1 page paper, December 2014.
- ``Nanoscale Neuromorphic Circuit To Model Demylination/Remyelination,'' Kun Yue and Alice C. Parker, IEEE EMBC Micro and Nanotechnology in Medicine Conference, Turtle Bay, 1 page paper, December 2014.
- "Dynamic Spike Threshold and Nonlinear Dendritic Computation for Coincidence Detection in Neuromorphic Circuits," Chih-Chieh Hsu and Alice C. Parker, 36th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC'14), Chicago, Illinois, USA, August 26-30, 2014.
- Border Ownership in a Nano-Neuromorphic Circuit using
Nonlinear Dendritic Computations, Chih-Chieh Hsu and Alice C. Parker, IJCNN, Beijing, China 2014.
- Astrocyte on Neuronal Phase Synchrony in CMOS, Yilda
Irizarry-Valle and Alice C. Parker, IEEE ISCAS,
- A Biomimetic Nanoelectronic Neuron with Enhanced Spike
Timing, Chih-Chieh Hsu and Alice C. Parker, IEEE
ISCAS, Melbourne, Australia.
- An Adaptable CMOS Depressing Synapse with Detection of
Changes in Input Spike Rate, Yilda Irrizarry-Valle, Alice C. Parker
and Norberto Grzywacz, IEEE LASCAS, Feb., 2014, Santiago, Chile.
- Neuromorphic Network Implementation of the Somatosensory
Cortex, Jonathan Joshi, Alice C. Parker and Tansu Celikel, IEEE EMBC
Conference on Neural Engineering, Nov. 2013, San Diego.
- Biomimetic Non-linear CMOS Adder for Neuromorphic
Circuits, Xiahan Zhou, Yimu Guo, Alice C. Parker, Chih-Chieh Hsu and
John Choma, IEEE EMBC Conference on Neural Engineering, Nov. 2013, San
- A CMOS Neuromorphic Approach to Emulate Neuro-Astrocyte
Interactions, Yilda Irrizarry-Valle, Alice C. Parker and Jonathan
Joshi, IJCNN, Aug. 2013.
- Challenges for Brain Emulation: Why is it so Difficult? Rick Cattell and Alice Parker, Natural Intelligence, the INNS Magazine, v. 1, issue 3, Spring/Summer 2012, pp. 17-31.
- Synaptic Variability in a Cortical Neuromorphic Circuit, Mohammad Mahvash and Alice C. Parker, Neural Networks and Learning Systems, IEEE Transactions on, Volume: 24 , Issue: 3, 2013, Page(s): 397 - 409.
- A Neuromorphic Circuit that Computes Differential Motion, Ko-Chung Tseng and Alice C. Parker, Midwest
Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Boise, Aug. 2012.
- Modeling Intrinsic Ion-Channel and Synaptic Variability in a Cortical Neuromorphic Circuit, Mohammad Mahvash, and Alice C. Parker, BIOCAS 2011, Nov. 2011.
- A Directionally-Selective Neuromorphic Circuit Based on
Reciprocal Synapses in Starburst Amacrine Cells, Ko-Chung Tseng, Alice
C. Parker, and Jonathan Joshi, Annual International Conference of the
IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), Sept,
In-silico Glial Microdomain to Invoke Excitability in Cortical Neural
Networks, Joshi, Jonathan, Parker, Alice C. and Tseng,
Ko-Chung, IEEE International
Symposium on Circuits and Systems ISCAS, May 2011.
biomimetic fabricated carbon nanotube synapse for prosthetic
applications, Jon Joshi; Jialu Zhang; Chuan
Wang; Chih-Chieh Hsu; Alice C.
Chongwu Zhou; and Udhay Ravishankar; Life Science Systems and Applications
Workshop (LiSSA), 2011 IEEE/NIH, April 2011
Computations, Dendritic Spiking and Dendritic Plasticity in
Nanoelectronic Neurons, Chih-Chieh Hsu, Alice C. Parker and
Jonathan Joshi, IEEE Midwest
Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Seattle, Aug 2010.
Memristor Spice Model for Designing Memristor Circuits, Mohammad
Mahvash and Alice C. Parker, MWSCAS, Aug. 2010, Seattle.
biomimetic stereo vision, Benjamin L. Raskob and Alice C. Parker, NAECON 2010
- A Carbon Nanotube Spiking Cortical
Neuron with Tunable Refractory Period and Spiking
Duration, presented at the LASCAS
Latin American Symposium on Circuits and Systems, 2010
- A Carbon Nanotube Cortical
Neuron with Spike-Timing-Dependent Plasticity Annual International Conference of the
IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), Sept.
- A Hierarchical Artificial
Retina Architecture, the International
Symposium on SPIE Europe
Microtechnologies for the New Millennium, 4-6 May 2009, in
- A Carbon Nanotube Cortical
Neuron with Excitatory and Inhibitory Dendritic Computations
Complexity in an Autonomous Vehicle
- A Carbon Nanotube
Implementation of Temporal and Spatial Dendritic Computations
Biomimetic Carbon Nanotube Synapse Circuit
of Neural Networks on a Nano-scale Spin-Wave
of Neural Networks at Nanoscale
of Maximum Connections for CMOS Neuron Chip Design
a Nanoscale Artificial Cortex
- DENDRITIC COMPUTATION AND PLASTICITY IN NEUROMORPHIC CIRCUITS, Chih-Chieh Hsu
- Adaptive Event-Driven Simulation Strategies for Accurate and High Performance Retinal Simulation, Adi N. Azar
- Emulating Variability in the Behavior of Artificial Central Neurons, Mohammad Mahvash Mohammadi
- A FREQUENCY-BASED MATHEMATICAL MODEL OF BINOCULAR COMPLEX CELL RESPONSES, Benjamin L. Raskob
- Neuromorphic Sensing Circuits in a Silicon Retina, Ko-Chung Tseng
- Plasticity in CMOS Neuromorphic Circuits, Jonathan Joshi