(The following is meant to be just a representative selection. My group's website has a more complete list
of publications with full citations. Please see disclaimers and copyright notices for all papers posted on these sites.)
Prof. Niki Trigoni (Oxford University) and I have compiled and edited Sensor Network Algorithms and Applications : Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, January 13, 2012, 370 (1958). This ``landmark" themed issue features a comprehensive collection of ten survey papers co-authored by many highly-regarded researchers in the field. It provides an overview of key developments over the past decade of active research in this area, and provides a window into open problems and future developments.
The Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society is the world's first ever peer-reviewed journal, dating back to 1665. It has had papers written by Newton, Ben Franklin, and Darwin. Since 1887 it has been split into A and B, with the former focusing on Mathematical, Physical, and Engineering Sciences, and the latter dealing with Biological Sciences.
- Video of a short pitch about my group's research at EmTech MIT 2011, focusing on our collaboration with GM Research on vehicular networks, which was featured in the TR-35 list this year.
- The Dangers of Classroom Teaching, a talk given at the ASEE Frontiers in Engineering Conference, Arlington, VA, October 28, 2010.
Wireless Sensors, Cambridge University Press, December 2005.
- Yi Gai and Bhaskar Krishnamachari, 'Decentralized Online Learning Algorithms for Opportunistic Spectrum Access,' IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), December 2011.
- Ozlem Durmaz Incel, Amitabha Ghosh, Bhaskar Krishnamachari, and Krishnakant Chintalapudi, 'Fast Data Collection in Tree-Based Wireless Sensor Networks', IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, (in press).
- Marjan Baghaie and Bhaskar Krishnamachari, 'Delay Constrained Minimum Energy Broadcast in Cooperative Wireless Networks', the 30th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (IEEE INFOCOM), April 2011.
- Wenhan Dai, Yi Gai, Bhaskar Krishnamachari, and Qing Zhao, 'The Non-Bayesian Restless Multi-Armed Bandit: a Case of Near-Logarithmic Regret', International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), May 2011.
- Fan Bai and Bhaskar Krishnamachari, 'Exploiting the wisdom of the crowd: localized, distributed information-centric VANETs', IEEE Communications Magazine, May 2010.
- Kannan Srinivasan, Mayank Jain, Jung Il Choi, Tahir Azim, Edward S Kim, Philip Levis and Bhaskar Krishnamachari, 'The κ-factor: Inferring Protocol Performance Using Inter-Link Reception Correlation,' 16th ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (Mobicom) 2010, best paper award.
- Yi Gai, Bhaskar Krishnamachari, Rahul Jain, 'Learning Multiuser Channel Allocations in Cognitive Radio Networks: A Combinatorial Multi-Armed Bandit Formulation', IEEE Symposium on International Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks (DySPAN) 2010.
- Scott Moeller, Avinash Sridharan, Bhaskar Krishnamachari, Omprakash Gnawali, ' Routing without Routes: The Backpressure Collection Protocol', 9th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN) 2010, best paper award .
- Yi Wang, Bhaskar Krishnamachari, Qing Zhao, Murali Annavaram, 'Markov-Optimal Sensing Policy for User State Estimation in Mobile Devices', 9th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN) 2010.
- Sahand H. A. Ahmad, Mingyan Liu, Tara Javidi, Qing Zhao, Bhaskar Krishnamachari, 'Optimality of Myopic Sensing in Multi-Channel Opportunistic Access', IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 2009.
- Qing Zhao, Bhaskar Krishnamachari and Keqin Liu, 'On Myopic Sensing for Multi-Channel Opportunistic Access: Structure, Optimality, and Performance', IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2008.
- Joon Ahn and Bhaskar Krishnamachari, 'Scaling Laws for Data-Centric Storage and Querying in Wireless Sensor Networks', IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2008.
(The conference version of this paper appeared in ACM MobiHoc 2006 and received the USC EE Dept.
Best Paper Award in 2006.)
- Avinash Sridharan, Bhaskar Krishnamachari, 'Maximizing network utilization with max-min fairness in wireless sensor network', ACM/Kluwer Wireless Networks, 2008.
- Kiran Yedavalli, Bhaskar
Krishnamachari, 'Sequence-Based Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks', IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2008.
- See also the related paper on Ecolocation, which appeared in IPSN 2005.
- Kiran Yedavalli, Bhaskar Krishnamachari, 'Enhancement of the IEEE 802.15.4 MAC Protocol for Scalable Data Collection in Dense Sensor Networks', Sixth Intl. Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks, WiOpt 2008.
- Ashish Goel, Sanatan
Rai, and Bhaskar Krishnamachari, 'Monotone
Properties of Random Geometric Graphs Have Sharp Thresholds,' Annals of Applied Probability, 2005.
- Deepak Ganesan, Bhaskar
Krishnamachari, Alec Woo, David Culler, Deborah Estrin and Stephen
Wicker, ' Complex
Behavior at Scale: An Experimental Study of Low-Power Wireless
Sensor Networks,' UCLA CS Technical Report UCLA/CSD-TR
- Bhaskar Krishnamachari,
Rung-Hung Gau, Stephen B. Wicker, and Zygmunt J. Haas, 'Optimal
Sequential Paging in Cellular Networks', ACM
Wireless Networks 2004.